Norwegian born Sofia Aarvik grew up with a love for soulful pop music. Inspired by music like Destiny’s Child and Lauryn Hill she started writing songs at an early age.
In 2020 she released her debut album «All That You Have», which was well received by the Scandinavian soul community and beyond. “(…) Sofia’s wonderfully rich voice has compelling depth — beautifully warm and endearing.” (ScandinavianSoul.com)
Q: How long have you been creating music?
- I started writing songs when I was young, maybe 10 years old. But to produce my music proffesionally started in my mid twenties.
Q: Do you have a preferred genre?
- My preferred genre is soul/pop.
Q: Do you write your own music, or do you collaborate?
- I’ve written everything myself up until this point, and lately I’ve opened up to start writing with others as well.
Q: Tell us about your latest song, EP, or album.
- My debut album “All That You Have” came out in 2021 and Fear Of The Unknown is a track on this album. This is a pretty deep and personal album about the quest to find one’s place in the world, and how to balance the inner and outer world.
Q: What is the best song you ever released and why?
- I really like Fear Of The Unknown because it is groovy and at the same time a bit mystical.
Q: Do you, or would you like to, perform live?
- I love to perform live! I do it occasionally, and I would like to do it more.
Q: Which of your songs is, or do you think would be, fun to perform live?
- All That You Have Is Your Soul is a song that I love to play live. It has a fun groove and feels uplifting to me and to the audience.
Q: What is your favorite/best outlet to connect with your followers Instagram, Spotify, FB, Twitter, iTunes? How would you want them to follow?
- My favorite outlets are Instagram and Spotify. I also use my artist Facebook page quite a bit.
Q: Are you currently working on any projects we should look out for?
- I am recording new music these days, also in the genre soul/pop — some acoustic songs and some more electronic, soulful pop songs.